Default Charset The Default Charset setting is what the Orca indexing engine will use if it cannot determine the character set of an email part. The following Charsets are available:
- UTF-8 (default and recommended)
- Western European (ISO-8859-1)
- Chinese Traditional (Big5)
- Chinese Simplified (GB2312)
- Japanese (ISO-2022-JP)
- Korean (EUC-KR)
- Thai (TIS-620)
Email Storage Scheme NOTE: This cannot be changed once the system has received email
The Email Storage Scheme determines what parts of the emails fetched by the appliance will be stored, parsed, indexed, and backed up. This setting has two options: "Full Email" and "Email Headers Only". This settings will affect all emails stored on the Orca - including those fetched through IMAP or POP, sent through SMTP, or restored from a backup.
- Full Email: The Orca will store the entire email with no exceptions if "Full Email" is selected.
- Email Header Only: However, if "Email Headers Only" is selected, all body and attachment content will be skipped when writing the email to disk. No body or attachment information (including attachment names) will be visible or searchable through the appliance.
Select Default Charset and Email Storage Scheme and click Save